We encourage everyone qualified to register and vote!
If you are registering and voting on the same day, you will need a valid ID that confirms your identity: a driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or passport. In addition, you will need a document that shows you live in Sherman, such as a bank statement, pay stub, utility bill or rental agreement. (Your driver’s license may fill both requirements.)
If you have never registered before, review First Time Voter Registration Guidelines.
You may register in person at Sherman Town Hall Registrars Office or by mail.
When is it Required You Register By:
In general, unless you register the day you vote, the deadline for registering to vote in Connecticut on election day is two weeks prior to election day. The rule is different for referendums; you can register to vote up to the day before a referendum.
What Is Required to Register to Vote :
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- At least 18 years of age on election day.
- A bona fide resident of the Town.
- Fill out a registration form.
(for details see the Connecticut Voter Info Page)
Forms of Identification Accepted:
- A birth certificate, driver’s license, or social security card
- Current and valid photo identification, or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, pay check, or government document showing the name and address of the voter, confirming your address in the town in which you are registering to vote.
Register online: Click here
Register by Mail:
Applications may be obtained from a variety of sources, including Registrars of Voters, Town Clerks, Secretary of State, Department of Motor Vehicles, Libraries, Social Service Agencies, Federal Post Care Applications, etc.
Completed applications are returned to the Registrar of Voters in the town in which you are registering. Completed applications must contain an original signature. Faxed applications are not acceptable. Forms may be downloaded from the Internet at Connecticut’s voter information page.
Sherman Registrars Office: 9 Rt 39 North, Sherman, Connecticut 06784
Website: Sherman Registrars Office Phone: (860) 350-4694
Fax: (860) 350-5041
Office Hours: Wednesdays from 9am to noon. Call before going.