- How to reach us:
*USPS address: P. O. Box 522, Sherman, CT 06784
Founded in 1830
- Like us on Facebook
- Sherman is in the:
A political organization of inclusion, not exclusion. We have a long-standing history of attracting both Democratic and Unaffiliated voters and endorsing both Democratic and Unaffiliated candidates. We work to represent the wide variety of Sherman people who hold many different viewpoints and opinions.
2021 – 2023 Officers:
• Educational excellence through efficient use of resources
• Sherman’s rural character
• Leisure programs for health, education, and citizenship
• Alignment to the goals and values of the National and Connecticut Democrats
Volunteer for the town:
• Serving on a town board, commission or committee is one of the most important ways you can participate in, and affect, Sherman’s future. The Democratic Town Committee welcomes and actively supports both unaffiliated voters and registered Democrats as nominees for these seats.
Local party rules:
• Because the SDTC has adopted no rules or has not filed them in accordance with Article VIII of the Connecticut State Democratic Party Rules, then Article VIII is the rule set of the party.
• At its monthly meeting on June 22, 2022, the SDTC voted to have a maximum of twenty-two members. Note: no votes require a quorum nor is one defined.
• Any candidate running for municipal office must comply with the requirements explained in Understanding Connecticut Campaign Finance Laws: Revised Feb 2023.
• The SDTC spending and fundraising must comply with Connecticut SEEC rules as explained in the 2019 Traditional Political Committee Guide and the 2022 Addendum.
The content on this website is Copyright © 2022 Sherman Democratic Town Committee, All rights reserved. Paid for by the Sherman Democratic Town Committee, R. Gamper Treasurer